Jailed: Gang member behind bars after shooting Clapham bouncer


Jerome Marshall shot the victim after being evicted from a pub.


By SWLondoner staff

A dangerous gang member is behind bars after being found guilty of shooting a member of security staff at a pub in Clapham.

Jerome Marshall, of Thessaly Road in Lambeth, received 15 years for one count of wounding with intent, 15 years for one count of possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life, and six years for one count of possession of a prohibited firearm. All of the sentences are to run concurrently.

The victim, a 26-year-old man, evicted Marshall from the White House venue on Clapham Park Road at around 2.30am on Saturday March 2, after a disturbance inside the premises.

Around 40 minutes after leaving, Marshall returned to the club in different clothing, wearing a hooded top and a balaclava.  He was loitering outside the venue when the victim heard him say, ‘I’m going to do it’, and saw him put his hands inside his trousers as if to produce a knife or gun.

He then pulled out a handgun from within his trousers and fired it in the direction of the victim, before leaving the scene in a black BMW convertible.

On Thursday March 7, a firearms search warrant was executed at an address in Cottage Grove, SW9, and Marshall was arrested in connection with the shooting. He was later charged.

A hooded top similar to the one worn by the suspect at the time of the shooting was found at the address. Forensic examination later established that this item of clothing bore gunshot residue.

The victim was taken to hospital for treatment to a superficial leg wound and has since made a full recovery from his injuries.

Detective Chief Inspector Chris Le Pere, Trident Gang Crime Command, said they would continue to target gang members and place them before the courts.

“Today’s sentencing should send a clear message to those who are involved in gang and gun crime that Trident detectives will continue to investigate and bring to justice those who harm their communities through their violence and gang criminality,” he said.

“Shootings in the capital have fallen by 29 percent, which equates to 70 fewer shootings, and Trident officers have recovered over 100 firearms from the streets of London over the last 12 months.”

Woolwich Crown Court also ordered Marshall to forfeit £1,000 in cash which was seized at the time of his arrest. Officers seized the cash alongside a quantity of skunk cannabis with a street value of £2,900.

Follow us @SW_Londoner

Related Articles