In celebration of the first day of Christmas we’ve decided to get in the festive spirit by compiling South West London’s Christmas first eleven.
Although clearly a great team they will face stern tests when coming up against the likes of Yulevil Town, Queen’s Speech Park Rangers, Wycombe Baring Gifts and international foes Turkey.
You’ll be dreaming of a Whites Christmas with a first eleven that includes five Fulham players.
Stocking filling the goalposts will be Chelsea legend Peter Cech-the-halls-with-boughs-of-holly.
Hoping to make the opposition attack say ‘Bah Humbug!’ is a defence as stingy about giving goals away as Scrooge.
The centre-back pairing of John Lewis Terry and Shaun Hutchins-On Comet! On, Cupid! On, Dunder and Blitzen! will go together like turkey and cranberry sauce.
In midfield we have three wise men in Thomas Eisfeld-Down The Chimney, Kevin Saint-Nick and Lasse Vigen-Christmas-sen.
The front three is more exciting than opening presents on Christmas morning, with each club represented.
Matt Tubbs of Sweets from AFC Wimbledon will be joined up top by Snow-ic Remy of Chelsea and Moussa Dem-Jingle-Belle of Fulham.
The full first eleven is below:
- Petr Cech the halls with boughs of holly Fa La La La La La (Chelsea)
- Tim Ho Ho Hoogland (Fulham)
- Will Silent Night-ingale (Wimbledon)
- Thomas Eisfeld-Down The Chimney (Fulham)
- Shaun Hutchins-On, Comet! On, Cupid! On, Dunder and Blitzen! (Fulham)
- John Lewis Terry (Chelsea)
- Kevin Saint-Nick (Wimbledon)
- Lasse Vigen Christmas-sen (Fulham)
- Matt Tubbs of Sweets (Wimbledon)
- Snow-ic Remy (Chelsea)
- Moussa Dem-Jingle Belle (Fulham)
Featured image courtesy of Elf Yourself, with thanks
- 44Summary:SW Londoner's Joel Durston wades in on the John Terry racism debate. Image: By Joel Durston Hammersmith and Fulham police and FA investigations are still ongoing into John Terry’s alleged racist incident, casting doubts over his England captaincy and selection. Attacking late on in the fractious South-West London derby, Terry…
- 39Summary:John Terry disappointed fans yesterday by not attending the opening of a new Surbiton reptile shop, as previously advertised.Image:By Nick Atkin John Terry disappointed hundreds of fans yesterday by no-showing the opening of a Surbiton reptile shop he had been advertised to attend. After waiting for hours, the large crowd…
- Chelsea have new ‘Special One’ as survey reveals 20% of children believe Jesus Christ plays for Blues37