Police are appealing for help in finding the coat of an 81-year-old victim of sexual assault.
Officers issued a picture of a coat similar to the one which went missing after the attack on the woman on Balham High Road on Friday.
She had just got off a number 155 bus at 8:30 in the evening when she was attacked.
She was injured in the attack later taken to hospital.
Detective inspector Melissa Laremore, from the Met’s Sexual Offences and Child Abuse Command , said: “”The victim’s distinctive red Marks and Spencer’s jacket went missing after the attack.
“My investigators are working to trace it in and around the local area as it is of important evidential value.”
Police arrested a 41-year-old man, charging him with two counts of rape and one count of kidnap/falsely imprisoning a person with intent to commit a sexual offence.
He will appear in Kingston Crown Court on March 10.
Detective inspector Laremore added that they were looking to speak to a witness described as wearing a jacket with a distinctive American flag design on the back.
Call police on 020 8649 3105 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Image courtesy of Metropolitan Police, with thanks.
- 10000Merton Council were one of the first London boroughs to support a national campaign against domestic abuse two months ago. Now, they’ve joined forces with Merton Police to support an international anti-violence and abuse campaign spanning the next 16 days. The 16 Days of Activism against Violence and Abuse campaign aims to…
- 10000The Metropolitan Police have launched their annual Christmas Tree Project which hopes to give thousands of children a happier Christmas. The Met’s Christmas Tree Project is their biggest ever charity event and has been going since 2012, and means thousands of children in care in London can receive a gift. Gifts are…
- 10000A cyclist and a van collided in Putney this morning causing a woman to be taken to hospital. Police were called to a collision between a cyclist and a van on Putney Hill, at the junction with Putney Heath Lane, at approximately 11:45am today. London Ambulance Service and London's Air…
- 10000A 15-year-old boy was stabbed outside Sainsbury’s in Wandsworth on Saturday night. Police were called to reports of a stabbing outside Sainsbury’s by Southside shopping centre, SW18, just before 8:45pm on Saturday, September 3. Emergency services attended the scene on Garratt Lane and found the teenager suffering from a stab…
- Police swoop in to arrest 29 in major south west London drugs bust to eliminate ‘hostile environments’10000A police helicopter helped drug-busting officers in a series of raids south west London that resulted in large quantities of class A being seized and 29 people arrested. More than 100 officers descended on addresses across Tooting, Streatham, Tulse Hill, Mitcham, Southwark, West Norwood and Carshalton as part of Operation…