Ryan Sessegnon is still a Fulham player and will remain at Craven Cottage this season, according to manager Scott Parker.
Sessegnon has been heavily linked with a move to Tottenham but has missed a large amount of pre-season with a hamstring injury.
The 19-year-old England winger only has one year remaining on his contract but Parker is still confident he will remain in West London.
“As far as I’m concerned – he’s still here. There’s nothing to say otherwise in the sense that another team have approached us,” Parker said ahead of their Championship opener at Barnsley tomorrow.
Earlier this week, The Mirror suggested that Mauricio Pochettino would be willing to play the long game and wait until January to secure Sessegnon’s signature for lower than Fulham’s £50 million asking price.
With the transfer window closing next Thursday, the Cottagers boss was quick to reiterate the main source of conversation with Sessegnon has been welcoming him back on the training pitch.
“There’s now a week to go before the window shuts so I’m thinking let’s get him as fit as we can,” he said.
Parker also said he doesn’t see Sessegnon as man as the type of young player to get affected by speculation and the pressure of the transfer window.
Sessegnon has been in rehab for three weeks and has not been able to take part in team training sessions, but Parker is hopeful that will change in the coming days.
While he won’t be available for the trip to Oakwell, Parker will be able to call upon new loan signings Anthony Knockaert and Ivan Cavaleiro, who joined for the season from Brighton and Wolves.