Merton is one of the first London boroughs to join a national campaign against domestic abuse.
UK Says No More aims to promote a discussion about domestic violence and sexual assault and let people know what help is available in the UK.
The campaign, launched last week, is a collaboration between the United States campaign No More and the London-based charity Hestia, which provides refuges and support for victims of domestic abuse.
Pamela Zaballa, head of policy for women and children’s services at Hestia, said: “In order for us to successfully put an end to domestic violence and sexual assault we need every person living in the UK today to stand up against this issue.
“We are thrilled to have Merton on board as a London borough partner to UK Says No More.”
London reported more than 76,000 domestic crimes over the past year, and more than 1,400 of these were made to Merton Police – an increase of 8.9% from the previous 12 months, according to Metropolitan Police statistics.
Merton Council has run a ‘one stop shop’ for domestic abuse victims every Monday and has supported more than 1,200 people since it came to fruition six years ago.
“We hope that all local authorities across the UK will join the campaign,” Ms Zaballa said.
Merton Councillor Katy Neep, cabinet member for children’s services, said: “I am very happy to support the No More campaign to help raise awareness of domestic violence and sexual assault in our community.”
The campaign can be seen across social media using #Mertondv and #UKsaysnomore.
The one stop shop service runs on Mondays at Morden Baptist Church between 9.30am and 12noon.
For help call Victim Support on 0207 8011777 or the National Domestic Violence Helpline on 0808 2000 247.