Wimbledon champion Andy Murray shook off his dour Scot image after retweeting hilarious responses to his leaked inspirational quote list.
The world number 4’s checklist, leaked this week, has created a series of spin-off quotes which reference fiancée Kim Sears and his tennis coach mum and Strictly Come Dancing contestant Judy Murray.
The latest quotes include the advice to ‘keep smiling’, ‘don’t make mummy angry’ and ‘it doesn’t matter that you’re punching above your weight with the missus’.
— Barrington Bear (@barrington83) February 18, 2015
Murray’s ten-point list included self-help phrases such as ‘be good to yourself’ through to sporting techniques including ‘be proactive during points’.
The full list reads:
1.Be good to yourself
2. Try your best
3. Be intense with your legs
4. Be proactive during points
5. Focus on each point and the process
6. Try to be the one dictating
7. Try to keep him at the line, make him move
8. Keep going for your serve
9. Stick to the baseline as much as possible
10. Stay low on passesFans then started to tweet their support for the way he handled the reaction.
Twitter user Hawk Eye tweeted a picture of Kim Sears wearing that top and said : “I love how Andy Murray doesn’t give a … regarding the ‘leaked note’ (you can fill in the blank).
— مشعل (@ml_141) February 18, 2015
Marc Valenti said: “Have to admit I think Andy Murray is class, I have a similar list although it’s a 10 step guide to making scrambled eggs.”
Have to admit I think @andy_murray is class, I have a similar list although it’s a 10 step guide to making scrambled eggs.
— Marc Valenti (@valentiberg) February 18, 2015
Image courtesy of Australian Open TV via YouTube, with thanks