A serving Metropolitan Police Service officer was sentenced for voyeurism offences in January.
Police Constable Irshad Kamal, 48, a serving officer attached to Merton Borough, pleaded guilty to three counts of voyeurism at Southwark Crown Court on Friday January 29 2016.
The offences occurred sometime between February 2010 and December 2012 and while he was off-duty.
He was sentenced to:
– A community order with a two year supervision requirement
– 100hrs unpaid work; attending a sex offenders group program for 100 days
– £750 court costs
– £60 victim surcharge costs
– A destruction order on computers and phones seized
– A sexual harm prevention order
– Placed on the sex offenders register for the next five years
PC Kamal remains suspended.
Now that the criminal proceedings have been concluded the Metropolitan Police will be able to complete their misconduct process.
Image courtesy of Matt Brown, with thanks