A serving Metropolitan Police Service officer was sentenced for voyeurism offences in January.
Police Constable Irshad Kamal, 48, a serving officer attached to Merton Borough, pleaded guilty to three counts of voyeurism at Southwark Crown Court on Friday January 29 2016.
The offences occurred sometime between February 2010 and December 2012 and while he was off-duty.
He was sentenced to:
– A community order with a two year supervision requirement
– 100hrs unpaid work; attending a sex offenders group program for 100 days
– £750 court costs
– £60 victim surcharge costs
– A destruction order on computers and phones seized
– A sexual harm prevention order
– Placed on the sex offenders register for the next five years
PC Kamal remains suspended.
Now that the criminal proceedings have been concluded the Metropolitan Police will be able to complete their misconduct process.
Image courtesy of Matt Brown, with thanks
- 60A range of security measures are being put in place in time for the start of the Wimbledon tennis tournament on Monday. A Met Police spokesman said the force has worked closely with the All England Lawn Tennis Club to prepare for this year's competition but would not discuss specific security arrangements.…
- 59A row erupted between Merton Council election candidates about how to deal with Wimbledon police station’s closure at a hustings on Wednesday. One attendee at the hustings, organised by the Federation of Small Businesses, asked how each party plans to deal with high street crime. The station’s closure is one…
- 54Summary:Public satisfaction with Merton police is the highest in the capital according to new figuresImage:By Dominic Sutton Public satisfaction with Merton Police force is the highest in London, according to the Metropolitan Police's latest figures. The Met questioned people about their attitudes to local police across the capital’s 32 boroughs,…
- 53A vulnerable pensioner in her 80s was harassed day and night at her Kensington home by a gang of men who frightened her into handing over money during a seven-month campaign of intimidation. Three men, the most persistent offenders from the group who aggressively persecuted the besieged woman, have been…