Non-League review: Kingstonian in seventh heaven against Met Police but it’s a bizarre three days for Sutton

Dan Bennett scored a hat-trick as Kingstonian routed Met Police 7-0 in the Ryman Premier League on Saturday.

Ks dominated from the off against an unenthusiastic Met Police team, and were 2-0 up inside the first 20 minutes thanks to Bennett’s first two strikes.

Goals from Peter Green and Pelayo Pico Gomez finished off the game as a contest before Bennett scored again to claim the match ball.

Goals in the last ten minutes from Jake Kempton and Tyron Smith inflicted further pain on the Blues as they failed to even threaten a consolation goal.

Elsewhere in the league, Hampton & Richmond Borough recovered from going behind in the second minute to beat a physical East Thurrock side 2-1.

East Thurrock took the lead through captain Sam Higgins with the Beavers’ equaliser coming from Nicke Kabamba on 26 minutes before Michael Kamara bundled in the winner ten minutes later.

Sutton United recorded two entertaining and bizarre 2-2 draws in three days in Vanarama National League South.

Against Dartford on Saturday, they twice came from behind. Dartford went ahead in the 14th minute when Tom Bradbrook scored with a header from a free kick, but the Us responded brilliantly and levelled through a fierce Micky Spillane volley ten minutes before half time.

Dartford retook the lead in strange circumstances, again through Bradbook, mid-way through the second half when Ross Worner’s attempted clearance hit Bradbook square in the face and rebounded back into the goal – briefly knocking Bradbook unconscious.

Sutton never stopped pressing and grabbed the equaliser five minutes from time thanks to a glancing James Collins header, his second goal in as many games, from substitute Shaquille Hippolyte-Patrick’s inviting cross.

There was more drama on Monday night against Truro City when Worner’s misjudgement in injury time gifted the visitors a draw as both sides ended with 10 men.

Dan Fitchett put United ahead after just 40 seconds but a contentious penalty against Worner let Shane White level the scores.

Fitchett restored Sutton’s lead just before the hour but they had Collins sent off 15 minutes from time for a second booking when the referee thought he had taken too long over a free kick.

Isaac Vassell was then dismissed for the Cornish side, also for two bookings, the second for simulation.

Worner kept United in front until his late blunder that let Arran Pugh equalise once more.

In Ryman League Division One South, Corinthian Casuals kept up their unbeaten start to the season thanks to a last minute penalty from Josh Uzan that saw them draw 1-1 with Hythe Town.

Walton & Hersham also secured a 1-1 draw away to Ramsgate with a sublime Jack Battie free-kick securing the point for the Swans.

Walton Casuals gained a well-deserved 3-0 away victory at Tooting & Mitcham United with goals from Antigua & Bermuda international Moses Ashkodi, Gabriel Odunaike and new signing Christian Nanetti.

Carshalton Athletic won their first game of the season 2-1 away to Whitstable Town thanks to a late goal from substitute Kingsley Aikhionbare.

In the Combined Counties Premier League, Colliers Wood United comfortably beat Chertsey Town 4-1 and Raynes Park Vale overcame Sutton Common Rovers 5-1.

Sutton Common Rovers went under the name Mole Valley SCR last season but have now reverted back to their original name and begun a groundshare with Sutton United at Gander Green Lane.

Related Articles