Firefighters rescue couple from Fulham flat fire caused by ‘unattended candle’

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus rescued a man and woman from a fire in a block of flats on Park Street in Fulham early this morning.

They were rescued by crews from a flat on the second floor and were both treated at the scene for smoke inhalation by the London Ambulance Service.

A small area of one bedroom in a second floor flat was damaged by fire – believed to be caused by a candle left unattended.

Fire engines from Fulham, Wandsworth and Chelsea fire stations attended the incident.

The brigade was called at 06.44 and the fire was under control by 07.17.

The cause of the fire is under investigation.

Picture courtesy of Martin Addison, with thanks

Related Articles