The event combines running and cycling, with different challenges to suit ability.
TV presenter Jenni Falconer is encouraging athletes of all abilities to take part in Richmond Park’s London Duathlon this September.
The keen marathon runner has signed up as celebrity ambassador for the 2014 race, and says the day will be an unforgettable experience for all those taking part.
“The event combines two of my favourite pastimes – running is one of my favourite ways to unwind after a stressful day, while at the weekends I love cycling with my family as a way to keep fit,” she said.
“London Duathlon combines the two with a fantastic event village to keep the family entertained while you race.”
Taking place on Sunday September 14, London Duathlon is the world’s best Duathlon and is held in the stunning surroundings of Richmond Park on closed roads to ensure a stress free race.
Competitors first take on a run, then a cycle, before finishing with another run. The distances of each activity vary according to the challenge, with participants transitioning between the disciplines similar to triathlon.
“The beauty of London Duathlon is that there is a race for everyone. Whether you are starting out on your first run-bike-run experience with the Super Sprint or are a seasoned pro ready to take on the Ultra – there is a challenge to suit all,” added Jenni.
London Duathlon offers four individual and one team challenge:
- Super Sprint – the ideal distance for those new to multi-sports and aiming to set themselves a fresh personal challenge. Broken down into a 5K run, 11K cycle and 5K run, providing an achievable race for all abilities. Entry from £68.00
- Sprint – suited to those short-distance specialists wanting to give themselves a new challenge over a 10K run, 22K cycle and 5K run. Entry from £70.00
- Classic – the most popular distance at the world’s best duathlon testing duathletes over a 10K run, 44K cycle and 5K run distance. Entry from £80
- Ultra – for the very toughest out there! The biggest challenge in multi-sports with participants taking on a 20K run, 77K cycle and finishing with a 10K run. Watch out for those jelly-legs after the cycle! Entry from £120.00
- Classic Relay – get the team together and split the challenge between two or three friends each taking on one discipline over a 10K run, 44K cycle and 5K run. Entry from £125.00
To enter London Duathlon or for further information regarding the event please visit http://www.londonduathlon.com
Join the #LD14 community now and follow London Duathlon on Facebook and Twitter http://www.facebook.com/londonduathlon or @londonduathlon
Follow us @SW_Londoner