If you’re looking to level up your car dealership, one of the most important areas you need to focus on is your marketing – how effectively you engage and convert leads and sales for your business.
With this in mind, there’s one tool which is an excellent solution for this challenge: call tracking software.
In this article, you’ll learn what call tracking software is, and how it can take your car dealership to new heights.
What is call tracking software?
Call tracking is an advanced analytics tool which allows you to accurately track all the customer calls to your dealership.
As well as this, you’ll receive a range of useful data surrounding each call, which can include things such as – caller area code, the ring duration, the abandonment rate, and the caller’s phone number.
On top of this, by using an expert platform – such as call tracking with Mediahawk, for example – you can receive intricate metrics surrounding the customer engagement across your business. This includes things like:
- Marketing sources generating calls – Using dynamic phone numbers, the software can allow you to track the exact journeys of customers before, during, and after they called, showing each online source they visit. For example, you could view how many callers originated from a particular social media ad, or followed a link from your email.
- Activities producing inbound enquiries – when you receive an inbound enquiry, whether through a call, email, or live chat, for example, you can trace the activities the customer visited before this point.
- High granularity data for website visits – You can use Urchin Traffic Monitor (UTM) tags on your URLs, so you can have more granular data on which activities are driving customers to your website.
- Performance of your Google Business Profile – With the use of static phone numbers, you can track the number of customers who call you from your Google Business Profile.
These analytics are essential for giving you a complete overview of your marketing performance, which is why call tracking is so important.
How can call tracking help elevate your car dealership?
There are many ways call tracking software can help elevate your car dealership. For instance:
- Manage and improve your PPC ad performance
A huge benefit of using call tracking software is having a firmer grasp over your pay-per-click (PPC) ad performance, and being able to refine how each ad engages customers.
Using the analytics from the software, you’ll be able to see how many customers journeyed through your PPC ads, and ended up calling or converting to a sale, for example.
This way, you’ll know which of your keywords and ads are more successful at generating leads and sales. In turn, you can replicate the successful elements when you create new ads, and stop investing in keywords and ads with low click through rates, or callers, for instance.
What you’re left with is more engaging and cost-efficient PPC performance.
- Tracking your most valuable leads
Call tracking can also be used to track your most valuable leads, and identify which sources they’re generated from.
By using the insights and reports, you can create customer journey maps. These will outline which of your customers went on to make a call or inbound enquiry, for example, thus making them a valuable lead.
Then, you can trace the exact activities these customers visited, to see if there are common campaigns or channels which seem to be most effective at generating leads.
This way, you’ll know where your valuable leads are coming from, and can continue to develop these marketing areas to further boost engagement and sales.
Now you know how to take your car dealership to the next level, be sure to implement the right call tracking software now, from the best provider.