Two men have been jailed after they assaulted, robbed and falsely imprisoned their victim.
Kieran Norton, 23, unemployed, of Millhouse Place, West Norwood and John Nicholas, 23, also unemployed, of no fixed address were both jailed for four-and-a-half years at Inner London Crown Court.
The court heard how in the early hours of September 20 2014 Norton and Nicholas befriended a 21-year-old man, in a Croydon nightclub.
They all left together and got in a car. The victim was made to feel at ease until Norton and Nicholas set upon him and punched him several times in the face.
They rifled through his pockets stealing his phone, watch, wallet and contents including his bank card.
Norton and Nicholas then stopped at a cash machine and withdrew £280 while imprisoning the victim in the car.
They drove around for a further five minutes and then let the victim out of the car in Dulwich Village.
Croydon CID launched an investigation and identified Norton and Nicholas as the suspects from CCTV at the cash machine.
Both were arrested and charged with robbery and false imprisonment.
Detective Constable Simon Nicholls, from Croydon’s Forensic Converters Team, said: “This was a particularly violent and unprovoked attack against a man who was unknown to these individuals.
“They took advantage of the victim who they then assaulted, robbed and falsely imprisoned while he pleaded for his release.
“This was a traumatic experience for this young man and I commend the strength he has shown throughout the trial.
“I am very happy with the decision made at court – the custodial sentence given to Norton and Nicholas means they are no longer a risk to the public.”
- Bradley Wiggins and Mark Cavendish set to race through Kingston during Prudential RideLondon Festival 201510000
- 10000A Teddington grandma has braved a brutal haircut to raise much-needed funds for vulnerable children and families in Richmond today. Sandra Cummins, who volunteers at Home-Start Richmond, cut off her blonde locks for the charity, which supports families. Friends and family have dug deep for Sandra as she faced the…
- Kim and Andy Murray’s charity raffle of tennis ball signed by Wimbledon legends raises thousands for hospice10000
- 10000Many south west London MPs have welcomed the decision to postpone plans to relax fox hunting plans. Conservative MPs Gavin Barwell (Croydon) and Dr Tania Mathias (Twickenham), Labour MPs Sadiq Khan (Tooting) and Siobhain McDonagh (Mitcham and Morden) and Liberal Democrat MP Tom Brake (Carshalton & Wallington) tweeted that they…
- 10000An ‘extremely popular and talented’ Sutton pupil has drowned while on a school trip to Canada. Jamal Ottun was on a rugby tour with his Wallington County Grammar School teammates and during a scheduled swimming trip last Sunday required help from the emergency services. Despite their response Jamal could not be…