Fulham 4-0 QPR
Fulham manager Kit Symons wants his side to kick start their season after thrashing rivals QPR at Craven Cottage.
Captain Ross McCormack scored in either half to extend their home winning streak over QPR to five games and move them into the top half of the Championship table.
Fulham came flying out of the blocks with Moussa Dembele heading them in front after two minutes and Ben Pringle rifling in a second before McCormack struck twice.
“It’s only three points so we need to kick on from this now but this will give us great confidence without a doubt,” Symons told the club website.
“We need to make sure this sort of performance becomes the norm and we can really start moving up the table.”
Symons’ team dominated right from kick-off with young full-backs James Husband and Ryan Fredericks exploiting the space Rangers left out wide.
It was Husband’s deep cross that allowed Dembele a free header and Fredericks’ endeavour put QPR’s defence on the back foot for McCormack’s second and Fulham’s fourth goal.
The positives were relentless for the hosts with the strike partnership of McCormack and Dembele a constant threat, while the midfield of Jamie O’Hara, Tom Cairney and Ryan Tunnicliffe excelled.
The threats of Charlie Austin, Matt Phillips and later Leroy Fer were all kept quiet by the impressive centre-back pairing of Richard Stearman and Tim Ream.
After recruiting 14 new players over the summer Symons is confident his team is beginning to gel.
“There’s been a lot of work and a lot of changes that we’ve had to make and they’re starting to pay off,” he said.
“If you keep doing the right things and you’ve got the right people that will give you the right outcome.”
Fulham will look now to build on their best performance of the season with two Championship fixtures against Wolves and Charlton this week.
Feature image courtesy of Fulham FC, via Youtube, with thanks
- Fulham ready to face ‘massive goal threat’ from Austin to continue winning streak against rivals QPR10000
- 10000Sheffield Wednesday 3-2 Fulham Kit Symons felt Fulham deserved more against Sheffield Wednesday, despite conceding three almost identical headers from set pieces at Hillsborough. Fernando Forestieri opened the scoring on his home debut, before Jamie O’Hara’s deflected strike drew the visitors level. Tom Lees and former Fulham loanee Michael Turner…
- 10000Sheffield Wednesday v Fulham @ Hillsborough Saturday, September 19 @ 3pm Fulham hope to maintain their recent surge of form to secure a hat-trick of Championship wins as they face Sheffield Wednesday tomorrow afternoon. After only two points from their first four games, Fulham have seemingly begun to fix their…
- Symons happy to take a bit of luck against Blackburn Rovers as Fulham's strikers make it three wins in a row10000Fulham 2 Blackburn 1 Kit Symons admitted the key decisions went Fulham’s way as they earned a narrow and hard-fought victory against Blackburn Rovers at Craven Cottage. Strikers Ross McCormack and Moussa Dembele put the Cottagers two goals to the good in the first half, before Jordan Rhodes equalised from…
- Fulham's confidence growing with new signings set for debuts against Blackburn Rovers at Craven Cottage10000Fulham v Blackburn Rovers @ Craven Cottage Sunday, September 13 2015 @ 12pm Fulham will be looking to complete consecutive victories in the Championship for the first time this season in Sunday’s home fixture against Blackburn Rovers. The Cottagers secured their first league win of the season away against Rotherham…