The area was filled with food stalls and games.
Hundreds of visitors and residents gathered for the fifth St John’s Hill Festival in Wandsworth this weekend, where they enjoyed a day packed with entertainment.
Stalls selling food from all over the world ranging from Caribbean to Thai filled the streets as visitors were spoilt for choice, with the eye-catching hog roast stall attracting long queues.
Excited children crowded around a huge bouncy castle whilst adults enjoyed performances from various groups from the community such as Zumba and belly dancing.
Lindsay Jay, 30, is a UK presenter of Zumba who has performed at the festival for the past two years. She explained how the festival helps bring people in the community closer together.
“The community spirit is amazing,” she said.
“We have classes in the area all year round and they are always busy, even in the holiday months. This is the second year we have performed at this event and it is great fun for everyone”.
The goldfish race, a giant playing cards game and wheel of fortune proved popular with families and the main event was the raffle at the end of the day where one winner was picked to take all the prizes worth up to £1000.
Paula Redhill, 42, from Clapham, visited the festival with her three children and said the day proves how vibrant the area is.
“There is something for the whole family to do,” she said.
“We really enjoy the different performances and we like to try food from all over the world that we haven’t tried before. We’ve had Caribbean, Portuguese and Turkish food already today.”
Follow us @SW_Londoner
- 56Summary:Performances and stalls will line the streets.Image:By Rachel Hur Final preparations are underway for the fifth St John's Hill Festival which will take place this Sunday. The annual event is promising to be bigger than ever before with a host of entertainment, stalls and performances lined up for a fun…
- 48Summary:Crowds enjoyed food stalls and live cooking demonstrations.Image:By SWLondoner staff The Fabulous Feast food festival on St John’s Hill served up a treat to Battersea locals and visitors on Saturday. Shops opened up their doors onto the pavement, while the road lined with specialist food producers, live cooking demonstrations and…
- 47By SWLondoner staff Discerning eaters and keen cooks are invited to a popular food festival when it returns to St John’s Hill next month. The Fabulous Feast, a celebration of food and drink which includes the opportunity to sample exclusive menus for £15, will return to Battersea after a successful…
- 46By SWLondoner staff Next week sees the third Fabulous Feast take place on St John’s Hill in Battersea, with more venues than ever before taking part in the annual event. From 12th until 18th May, participating venues will offer exclusive £15 menus to diners, where they can show off their specialities.…
- 35Summary:SWLondoner provides your weekly round-up of what South West London has to offer.Image:By Helen Wright Looking for something to do this week? South West Londoner provides your weekly round-up of the best action in town... Starlight Express, The New Wimbledon Theatre 11th-19th May 2012 Starlight Express explodes back onto the…