Entrepreneurial start-ups, business leaders and residents are pledging to work together to put the 350 empty retail units in Hammersmith & Fulham to good use.
The council is turning to residents to help establish just how many privately-owned premises are languishing empty in a bid to revitalise the town centre with pop-ups and long-term retail occupation.
Cllr Ben Coleman, H&F Council’s Local Business Champion, said that the council was determined to help those looking for space.
“With so many local entrepreneurs looking for pop-ups or long-term premises, the question is how best the council can help,” he said.
“One thing we will look at will be how to tackle the problem of landlords keeping shops empty while budding retailers need cheap, start-up premises.”
Founder of retail business incubator Petit Miracles, Elisicia Moore, explained that her company offers entrepreneurs affordable retail space in the West12 shopping ventre including meeting rooms, wifi, marketing support and expert advice.
She said: “It’s the only model of its kind – no one else combines business incubation with access to the retail market like this.”
Fifteen spaces have been earmarked for start-ups, with weekly rents as low as £100.
To keep in touch with developments, you can sign up to the council’s quarterly Business Connects e-newsletter by emailing [email protected].
If you see an empty commercial premise you can help by reporting the address to [email protected]
Image courtesy of Google Maps, with thanks
- 53Hammersmith & Fulham pensioners who might otherwise have spent Christmas Day alone instead enjoyed a festive lunch together at the town hall. With the help of volunteers and local businesses more than 250 residents enjoyed a turkey dinner with all the trimmings at an event hosted by the council. Guests…
- 46Budding south west London entrepreneurs are being offered free small business-enhancing workshops by Wandsworth Council. The council’s partner, Enterprise Nation, has a small business network boasting more than 70,000 members and holds workshops nationwide. The classes kick off on September 21 at Wandsworth Town Library with sessions in customer service,…
- ‘Scary’ Fulham pavement hole which woman fell into a month ago yet to be fixed ‘causing restaurant sales to fall’44A Fulham restaurant’s sales are plummeting after a four-metre sinkhole which a woman fell down a month ago is yet to be fixed, according to the manager. Barricades that surround the hole outside Marrakech Express on North End Road appear to be keeping would-be customers away as they assume it’s closed.…
- 42Labour emphatically tightened their grip on Hammersmith and Fulham Council last night, claiming nine more seats and welcoming a new cohort of first-time councillors. They made all their gains from the Conservatives, who ended the night on 11 seats to Labour’s 35. No other party managed to win a single…
- Nous sommes Charlie! French flag flies half-mast at Hammersmith Town Hall in solidarity with terror victims42