More than 15,000 animal lovers have signed a petition calling for and end to ‘cruel’ greyhound racing in Wimbledon and transform the stadium into a new home for the Dons.
The overwhelming response could help the animal rights charity, whose motto reads animals are not ours to use for entertainment, get one step closer to their goal.
— * Carla Minerva * (@Minerva_Wild) January 28, 2015
PETA Director Mimi Bekhechi said: “As lagging ticket sales show more people than ever are opposed to breeding dogs for speed at the expense of their health.
“PETA encourages kind people everywhere to stick to sports featuring only willing human participants – which is exactly what we’d be able to enjoy at a new state-of-the-art football stadium.”
Image courtesy of sixten3 via YouTube, with thanks
- 10000Wimbledon football fans and animal lovers are joining forces in a bid to bring the Dons back home – to end greyhound racing in the area. PETA has launched a petition supporting AFC Wimbledon’s bid to Merton Council to replace Wimbledon’s Greyhound Stadium with an 11,000-seat football field and 600 homes.…
- Paloma Faith fronts PETA video campaign exposing horror of ‘origin assured’ fur – graphic image warning10000
- 10000PETA has teamed up with luxury department store Liberty to donate unwanted fur coats to the homeless this winter. The animal charity, whose motto reads in part that ‘animals are not ours to wear’, runs a fur donation programme where items are used in anti-fur demonstrations, donated to animal shelters…
- PETA president reveals grisly plans to carve up and mount body parts to continue animal rights fight from beyond grave10000
- French Connection bans use of ‘cruel’ angora products where fur is ripped from live rabbits after PETA protest – graphic image warning10000Fashion giant French Connection has today committed to a ban on angora after receiving more than 100,000 emails from PETA supporters. Last December the animal rights organisation obtained shocking footage of rabbits used in the Chinese angora fur industry, where 90% of the world’s angora fur come from, showing workers…