The man was arrested in Falcon Road.
An armed male was arrested yesterday after attempting to knife a police officer in Battersea.
The knifeman was tasered by police yesterday afternoon after threatening passers-by in Falcon Road.
Concerned firefighters called the police just after midday on Sunday, November 10 after they heard raised voices.
“The suspect threatened firefighters and when officers arrived he was involved in a violent confrontation, banging on a police car window and injuring an officer,” said police.
The injured police officer had minor cuts on his hand while restraining the suspect.
Sergeant Nathan Shickle, from MPS Wandsworth, praised the officers on the scene.
Police said four knives were discovered at the scene near Clapham Junction station.
Photo courtsey of Leo Reynolds, with thanks.
Follow us @SW_Londoner
- 44Detectives are appealing for help in tracing a man they believe may be responsible for a series of sexual assaults in Clapham. Police released CCTV images of a man who is thought to have committed three attacks over a five day period. The latest attack happened yesterday evening when a woman in her mid-20s was attacked after getting…
- Police still hunting for gang of thugs who inflicted 'terrifying' random attack on student at Clapham Junction41
- 39The 18-year-old fatally stabbed in broad daylight in Lambeth yesterday has been named by police as Solomon Small. Police were called to Corrance Road, SW2 shortly before 2pm to reports of a stabbing and attended along with paramedics from the London Ambulance Service. Solomon was found with stab injuries and…
- 39A 15-year-old boy who stole a car at knifepoint in Croydon in February received a custodial sentence on Monday. The youth had pleaded guilty at an earlier hearing to robbery and threatening a member of the public with a knife. He was sentenced at Southampton Crown Court on Monday, September 12…
- 38The Met announced plans to increase the number of police officers with Tasers last week following an increase in violent incidents. A further 1,867 police officers will be equipped with the devices, bringing the total number of trained officers carrying tasers to over 6,400. Met commissioner, Cressida Dick took this…